Moral: 'judgement of right and wrong' or 'sense of ought' characteristic of shared humanity.
Capital: a valuable resource for personal and social flourishing. A centre point.
WHY THIS WEBSITE?
MoralCapital.info is a gateway to what is happening in the field of Moral Education globally.
MoralCapital.info recognises the diversity of individual backgrounds - nationality, gender, religion, philosophy, as well as academic and professional interest. It encourages sensitivity to difference, impartiality in approach and enthusiasm in expression.
MoralCapital.info has English as its prime medium, but its business thrives also in other languages. The website invites participants of whatever linguistic strengths.
MORAL CAPITAL: OVERVIEW OF CONTENTS
- GLOBAL ETHICS / COLLECTIVE WISDOM A selection of material suggesting some degree of 'transcultural continuity' in ethics.
- DIGEST OF TERMS Alphabetical list of terms commonly used in relation to ethics and morality and their educational applications, explained with historical + scholarly perspectives.
- CONCEPT SCENARIOS A series of stories illustrating situations in which key moral concepts are in evidence, plus some related questions.
- ROLES FOR MORAL THINKING Characterisations of four different roles representing commonly and cross-culturally found moral stances.
- INTERNATIONAL REGISTER Country by country listing of individual academic and professional educators interested in Moral Education – cumulative self-listing.
- HISTORICAL WHO IS WHO Global listing of individuals relevant for Moral Education – short biography + selected hotlinks to free on-line resources.
- NATIONAL CONTOURS FOR MORAL EDUCATION Data on key features of each individual national context relevant for moral education.
- AME Association for Moral Education (f. 1976) including details of annual conferences, membership, officers, history and link to AME website.
- APNME Asian-Pacific Network for Moral Education (f. 2006) including details of annual conferences, membership, officers and link to APNME website.
- JME Journal of Moral Education (f.1971) The Trust, the Trust Board, the Journal Editorial Board and the link to the Taylor & Francis the Journal publisher’s website.
- STRATEGIES FOR MORAL EDUCATION, CHARACTER AND VALUES A collection of activities designed for personal and professional development (teachers, managers, parents) and classroom use.
- RELATED NATIONAL INSTITUTIONS AND ORGANISATIONS A listing on a country by country basis of institutions and organisations active in the field of moral education.
- NATIONAL SUBSETS. Collation of references pertaining to each country within the other components of the website.
- SEARCH Comprehensive search facility for the entire site and links.
- JMET Research Call Opportunity for original research in Moral Education.
- REGISTER Opportunity to be listed for interest and expertise in Moral Education.